DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: My (2nd) favorite time of year

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

12.27.2004

My (2nd) favorite time of year

With the end of one year comes the beginning of another, and with that comes... TAXES!! Next to Christmas, it's my favorite time of the year. Perhaps that's because I've never had to pay in extra money; I always get something back. But, really I love to do taxes! Call me crazy (many do). I did my first estimate for mine tonight. Turns out by the time I left Oklahoma I had paid in everything for which I'm responsible for the whole year, so I get all the rest back, thanks to a nice tuition deduction. Maybe I should move and start school every year :-) I already see that money as a blessing. Now I don't have to think twice about how I will fund the yearly responsibilities that aren't in the monthly budget (i.e. car tags, inspection, train pass, medical deductibles, etc.). Visit IRS.gov for your forms. I know you can't wait to get started too.

form1040 form1040A form1040EZ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, it is your own money you are getting back, not a gift from the government.

My first choice would be to repeal the Income Tax amendment. You know we as a country existed for 100 years without an income tax? How did we get that law passed anyway? I can see it now: all in favor of a new income tax raise your hand...

I do not get it. Anyway if we have to tax, then it seems that it makes a ton more sense to tax consumption rather than production. You want to tax behaviors you want to discourage, and leave alone behaviors that you want to encourage. Consumption = bad (inflation), production = good (prosperity).
If they would let us keep the money we earned then perhaps we could provide for our own future and so we could reduce or eliminate Social Security?

See: http://www.fairtax.org

Chris

1/24/2005 05:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home