OK so far OK!!
- The Millers Friday nite I flew to their house for dinner and a special caroling hayride around their neighborhood. Note to others: if you ever try this make sure there is a designated leader for the singing who sits in the middle of the bunch. It's hard to hear the front if you're sitting in the back. We had a great time though after which we shared egg nog and good conversation. The next morning we did laundry and cleaned out their snake's cage. It was so good to be with each of them. Quickly it was evident to me how much I miss them. I watched these kids grow up for seven years! Thanks for such a special visit.
- Erik & Jeanie Jeanie and I rattled on all Saturday afternoon catching each other up on our educational experiences. Erik found Snood on my computer and quickly became addicted. Jeanie is in her 4th and final year of medical school and is in the midst of interviewing for pediatric residency. So far she likes Columbia in Missouri and of course OU. She will visit UTSW in Dallas at the end of January. Personally I think it would be awesome to have them close by again. Erik will pursue more jounalism training wherever God lands them. We met the Lambs for an impromptu lunch at the food court. It was so great to see them all.
- The Niccums When I entered this house yesterday, I was truly home. Literally, for a moment, it felt like I had just been visiting Dallas. They are my second family. Curt and I met 7 years ago when I took his Acts class at OC and we played trumpet duets over the years. I forget exactly how I met his wife, but she quickly became a dear friend. For nearly 3 years before I moved they had me at their house for dinner every Wednesday night before church. Even the kids looked forward to my company every week, and that time was always special for all of us. We watched Shrek 2 and laughed; we ate dinner tonight, and out of nowhere, I cried. What special friends!!
Sunday I ran into so many people at church. It was a small glimpse of what heaven might be like - reuniting with those we love. No, it wasn't that dramatic, but you know how I like to think deep. I got my fill of hugs to last for a long time and great company at lunch (Kevin, Steve, Heather and Jon) and at dinner with Katie. More special times!







2 Comments:
What is Snood? I want a Snood.
Chris
Snood is an addictive computer game. Your girls love it, Chris. You can download it at http://www.snood.com You could play it when you're not busy at work. J/K. You could also try Bejeweled.
Post a Comment
<< Home