DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Too bad

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

12.01.2004

Too bad


There's nothing like the sound of glass breaking to wake you up in the morning. At first your heart races because you think someone is in your apartment. Then you come back to reality and figure out what really happened. This morning my spice rack decided to fall off the wall at 5 a.m. I realized what broke were my favorite souvenir mugs from the trip to Europe and Vienna. Can't replace those. I was bummed until I found out that my most favorite ones were okay. Only the second and fourth ones broke, as pictured here (don't ask me why the photo is crooked). Even though it was early I've already assessed the situation and I know why it fell. Silly me. I couldn't go back to bed like a normal person and wait till morning for that. Anyway, the hooks are still on the wall (and good hooks they are!); only one hanger on the rack was the weak point. I'll have to find a more stable method because I do like it on the wall in that place. That however can wait a while. In the meantime, I'll miss those mugs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time our cat named Scooge knocked over the giant mirror on the dresser on to the wooden floor with a mighty crash. That sure was a wake up call.

1/24/2005 05:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home