DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: It is attainable!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

1.06.2005

It is attainable!

I attended a dissertation defense seminar for the first time today. Having just started in the program, it's hard to imagine actually being at that point myself, but it is a comfort to know that it can be done! The "defendant" gave a 1 hour seminar and then faced her committee for a 2 hour question and answer session. I went back for the reception later and it looks like she survived. A friend of mine, Elaine, asked me to accompany her to this event today. Elaine is a fellow graduate of OC and will defend her dissertation next month. I could tell how excited she was today knowing hers is around the corner, but she was also sensitive to the nervousness of today's speaker. And in about 5 more years, I'll be in the very same boat. In the meantime, I should be working on a term paper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home