DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Oh, dear!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

10.07.2005

Oh, dear!


My co-worker Suzanne came from around the corner carrying a long box and asked, "Karen, what's this?" I looked up and was at first puzzled. "It has your name on it," she said. Then I noticed the box said "Flowers." Oh, dear... and then my face lit up with a huge smile.

Yesterday was two months since Scott sent me that first wink through the online dating site. Yesterday I received two dozen red roses in the mail. The FedEx delivery guy just left them by the sink in the lab - no one signed for them. And we didn't know they were there until Suzanne found them. All lab work stopped immediately! Thankfully my sample was okay with that.

I was totally beside myself. Scott had told me I had a surprise coming. What and when I did not know. For some reason I had my camera with me, so the pictures will help tell the rest of the story.

Opening the box: Wow! I couldn't believe it. I read the card first.
"I'm so glad I sent you that first wink.
You have made your way into my heart."
Then I melted.

They were packed in good. Had to call in the scissors for this job.

Finally they were freed. Scott says I'm glowing in this picture. No doubt!

Wait. Did I say freed? From the box maybe, but these things were wrapped so well it took a solid ten minutes to get them away from all the rubber bands, clipped and into the vase, which he picked out too, by the way. A nice choice!

So here they are. They come with three packets of food, a vase, and care instructions. The aroma fills the whole lab - you can smell them when you walk in. It is especially nice sitting next to them on my desk. I stored them in the cold room at work last night, and that should make them last even longer, I'm told. They will be fully bloomed after 3-4 days. I will take them home to enjoy for the weekend.

Thanks, Scott. You always know how to make me feel special. This gesture has truly made my week and probably a few for that matter. I too am glad that we have met. Thanks for sharing your romantic side. And just for you, I will say, "Hot Dog! :-)


This post is a day late, but I had a huge project to work on yesterday that kept me from being able to blog. Lots of projects have been keeping from doing so lately. I miss blogging more regularly.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Very nice.
One day Joel brought me flowers. He took them on a plane and everything. It was cool! I love to get flowers.

10/07/2005 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I love the picture story. You look so happy! What a sweetheart.

10/07/2005 08:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, karen!! *squee*

10/07/2005 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Young love is so sweet. You look very happy!

10/07/2005 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

How come I never get flowers?

What happens when they run out of food?

What do flowers eat anyway?

10/10/2005 12:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen
I know that getting flowers especially at work is very special. I am so happy for you. You deserve this and Scott seems like a real gentleman.

Brenda

10/10/2005 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Chris, I can't find the recipe for the food but it is a balance of carbs, an anti-microbial substance, and an acidifier to keep the pH btwn 3.5-4.0.

10/10/2005 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! I adore the smell of roses--and they are some quality lookers at that. Sorry I've been away so long--been busy and all that jazz...
Love ya and give a special hello to your guy!

10/10/2005 02:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home