DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Internet fixed... finally!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

9.18.2006

Internet fixed... finally!

Scott and I have experienced internet problems at home since Aug. 1. Sometimes we had service, sometimes we didn't, and those "didn't" times were not forewarned. One tech service guy told us the server had gone down, but I think that was merely a coincidence, since a week later, it was never better for us. And of course these guys never call you back. You are always the one that has to call them... and wait on hold for eternity. And finding time to be put on hold lately has not been easy.




Last night we finally got through to someone (and he was competent). We figured out it was the modem. Mind you this modem belonged to them - Scott had been renting it. When I moved in I brought my own cable modem, but again, when do you find the time to wait on hold for them to switch out the numbers? But last night we tried it, and it worked!!




So 47 days with quirky internet is over! Yea!! Maybe there'll be more time for blogging. And we'll now be on the mission for a refund!

3 Comments:

Blogger jettybetty said...

I can't believe how dependent I am on the internet now--47 days--is a long time!

Glad you got things running again!

9/19/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I don't trust them tech guys myself.

9/21/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

The wait is rediculous and half the time you can't even understand them because they are in a different country. I'm glad you got it to work.

9/23/2006 10:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home