DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Sir Wallace

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.24.2007

Sir Wallace

Wallace did really great while we were gone. We are very thankful for our friends Ryan and Malia who were willing to give Wallace a home and attention in our absence. He gave them potty troubles the first day, but I think he just takes a little time to adjust to new surroundings. He was fine after that.

We sure did miss him. Scott kept wondering if he would forget us. His fears of such were quickly relieved for as soon as we walked in to pick Wallace up. He went crazy! We rushed him outside because he is known to pee when very excited. He must have gone on and on for about 5 minutes just jumping up and licking us repeatedly. It was heartwarming to know how much our puppy loves us.

Wallace's teeth are falling out at record pace. At first it was 3 molars and a fang. I caught him chewing on our bedspread, and as I pulled him away, I saw blood on it. Luckily it's on the underside, so if I can't get it out it won't show at least. By now I think he has pretty much lost all of them. I have found several of them, and I saved them all of course!

I feel bad for the poor guy. His gums must be hurting. He sure has been chewing on everything in sight; things he doesn't normally chew on - like the couch pillows! At least he doesn't cry in the middle of the night like a baby would. I got him a chilly bone. It's made of cloth, you wet it, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes, and he likes it. The bad thing is it's white, so it shows blood.

Wallace didn't forget us, but it did take him time to adjust to us leaving at all again, even if it's just for the grocery store. He didn't know it would only be to the store; to him it's like we're just leaving. He would whimper and whine and yelp. I think we're back to normal now though.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Isn't it good to know how much your puppy loves you!

7/25/2007 06:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home