DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Fireworks in DC

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.06.2007

Fireworks in DC

Wednesday afternoon we arrived, settled into the hotel, grabbed a late lunch and headed to the Mall area to watch the fireworks. It had just rained, and being visitors, we did not have chairs or a blanket. Luckily I found a park bench all of a sudden. We had to sit there for 2 hours so we wouldn't lose the seat, but it was next to the news vans, and we people watched.

We positioned ourselves capitol-side just behind the Washington Monument. I thought this would be a good place for photos of the fireworks and the monument together. As dusk hit I got my tripod all set up. Oops, wrong! The explosions started, but they were barely clearing the trees. I was SO bummed! I thought for sure they were going to shoot high enough for great picture opportunities. Then it would just be up to me to get the camera settings correct to get some decent shots.

I managed to take a lot of photos, but I did have issues being the amateur that I am. I had high hopes that I would get good shots on my first try. Combine that expectation with the realization that I was on the wrong side of the monument, and there is a whammer for you! I'm still bummed. But, life goes on.

I haven't downloaded the photos yet so there could still be a nice one hidden. I might post one after I get them on the computer.

Shooting aside, it was awesome to watch the show up here!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Thats a bummer that you didn't have a good shot, but at least you didn't have to sit in the rain. We didn't go out because it rained off and on all day. It was still a nice day off though. I hope ya'll are having fun!

7/06/2007 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth Ann said...

Happy 1st Anniversary! I hope you two are having a wonderful time!

7/08/2007 06:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home