Baby update
.jpg)
I posted the last three posts from the hospital with my iPhone. For some reason though it wouldn't let me upload pics. I even tried the mobile blogging about 5 p.m., but I see that post still hasn't come through with the picture. I'm exhausted now, currently at Becca's house, but will try to last long enough for a short update.
When we got back from dinner, Scott and I arrived to the room to find Kylee in her first outfit. Then Becca swaddled her and held her for about 20 minutes when the respiratory therapist arrived to check her oxygen levels. They were incredibly low, about 72 when it should be at 99%. But she wasn't blue at all. The NICU nurse followed in soon after and explained all of the following to us. Then they wheeled the baby away. Jonathan followed them. Becca couldn't go because her legs were still numb from the cesarean. When the door closed, tears started flowing down our cheeks. It was hard to see her leave.
The medical update is that Kylee has a few complications. She will stay in the NICU for at least 3 days. They are worried about the bubble on her head. It is about the size of my palm. They don't know if it is filled with fluid or blood and whether it is done filling or if more will come. Normally an effect like this will become spongy after about an hour. Kylee's was still fluid. This was probably caused by her being in the birth canal for so long. Rebecca was essentially in labor for 3 days! Kylee also has fluid in her lungs, and they wonder if it could be pneumonia. Her oxygen levels are low so she is in a bubble of oxygen which does bring up the level. Her red blood cell count is low so she also may need a blood transfusion. She is not eating yet because she is weak so they had to start a tube. So as you can imagine, they are doing many tests and monitoring her closely.
This whole day has been emotional for us all. First Rebecca's epidurals did not take, wearing off at least 3 times before they finally just turned it off. So then she was left with a whole lot of pain that she wasn't expecting. Even though I have never had a child, the maternal instincts in me kicked in and I had tears right along with her. Then she just wasn't dilating past 8 cm, and the doctor also believed that Kylee was too large for Becca's frame, so he recommended a c-section. More tears flowed because she wanted it naturally. Then it took forever for them to come and get her, so more pain and tears, and she just wanted her out. Then to find out about the complications. And then they took the baby away, and Becca can't even hold her now.
We had two men pray over everything tonight, and their prayers were so beautiful and genuine and provided so much comfort to us all. Your prayers for all these things are always appreciated as well.







4 Comments:
We'll be praying for baby Kylee!
I'll email Roger tonight to get it mentioned on the prayer list tomorrow.
Love,
Mary Ann
I'll be praying still. Also will add them to the prayer list at church.
We will them in our prayers!!
Praying praying praying. Update us when you can!!
Post a Comment
<< Home