Rushed birthday
Thursday is Scott's birthday, and I had a very special day planned, but he found out Friday that he would have to leave town again today for the whole week. Someone went a-wall in the company, and he is sent to the rescue for a big sales event. I was pretty bummed. I really don't like the spontaneity of his schedule. But I was able to hurry around and get everything together early so we could celebrate yesterday. It turned out great!
I put balloons all over the floor (thanks to a great idea I remembered from my friend Brenda) and hung streamers around.
We had Chinese food for dinner, and I made a tiny cake topped with all 27 candles! It almost set off the smoke detector, but we quickly opened and fanned the front door. I got him a small "travel" Bible, and I made a small photo collage of us.
He gets back Friday morning, and then we fly out that afternoon to El Paso to visit his parents for the weekend. He thinks this visit will be like Austin, only better. I asked why, and he said because we will have spicy food. Mom, I guess you will have to add tabasco or something to the fried chicken next time. His mom makes authentic Mexican food, and he assures me I have had nothing as good as it before. I suppose I'm in for a treat.
I put balloons all over the floor (thanks to a great idea I remembered from my friend Brenda) and hung streamers around.
We had Chinese food for dinner, and I made a tiny cake topped with all 27 candles! It almost set off the smoke detector, but we quickly opened and fanned the front door. I got him a small "travel" Bible, and I made a small photo collage of us.He gets back Friday morning, and then we fly out that afternoon to El Paso to visit his parents for the weekend. He thinks this visit will be like Austin, only better. I asked why, and he said because we will have spicy food. Mom, I guess you will have to add tabasco or something to the fried chicken next time. His mom makes authentic Mexican food, and he assures me I have had nothing as good as it before. I suppose I'm in for a treat.







4 Comments:
Oh so throw a party and don't even invite your favorite brother-in-law.
Let's hope you LIKE Mexican food! I do - it is one of my favorite foods - and pretty much off my diet right now except for occasional "free hours."
I am hoping you have a wonderful weekend with Scott and his family!
Blessings!
Yes, I LOVE mexican food. And I'm excited about the real stuff. Friday his mom is cooking and then we're going to Juarez in Mexico Saturday night for dinner. I might come back disliking the Tex-mex fad as much as he does.
Having lived in germany the last four years, I don't know what I'd do if suddenly confronted with "real" mexican food. I'd probably pass out with the first bite. Hope that doesn't happen to you--never a good impression on family :)
Have fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home