DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Heading to Austin... finally!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.19.2007

Heading to Austin... finally!

I spent this week running errands to get ready for our trip to Austin. I'm ashamed to say we haven't been down for a real visit since Thanksgiving. The weeks have turned into months almost unknowingly. A lot has been going on in our life, and it seems to make time pass faster.

It's funny though, the things I've had to do this week to get ready. And most of them involved Wallace. First I had to make sure he has food and treats. Then I remembered we need another leash to take with us because ours was a pain to attach and we don't want to undo it. (This is the leash for tying him up so he stays in one room.) Yesterday I called feed stores looking for puppy shots and picked one up last night. I figured since I have injected mice before I would give Wallace his booster shots myself. $8 versus $40-50 for a vet visit. It went very well. Scott held him and he only whimpered for a second. Of course I don't know if the worry afterwards was worth the money saved. I kept thinking that it would be my luck since I decided to do it myself that he would have a reaction like what I read about on the internet. Even as I woke this morning I was slightly worried I would find a dead puppy in the cage. Thankfully he is fine and greeted me excitedly as always. I also learned to clip his nails this week too.

My dad's 73rd birthday is on Saturday, and my mom is off for a 4-day weekend from her duties at the children's home. That is another thing that is new to schedule visits around since she only gets off one weekend a month. We're spending the night with Ruth Ann and kids on Friday night, after the girls get back from a father-daughter banquet with their dad. Should be a wild and fun time. The girls said I can only come if I bring Wallace. They're funny. I'm looking forward to spending time with all of them and staying up late. I figure we'll play with the puppy, dance, smile and laugh a lot. Then we'll all spread out on the living room floor to sleep. We need a picture of that!

I think we're going to dinner Saturday for my dad's birthday and then we'll take up 4-5 pews at church on Sunday. Becca and Jonathan are coming down also because J's extended family will also be in town. They will divide their time amongst everyone, but we'll all be at church together, most likely. Though part of me wants to go to Hyde Park to see my compadres there.

That's just what's in my mind right now. I'm done early at work, and I'm bored and waiting for Scott to pick me up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

You all already sound like parents! =o) I want a dog, but like you, not sure I'm ready for the responsibility (actually don't think I have the time and money for the responsibility).

4/19/2007 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

You are such a cute mama!

4/23/2007 08:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home