DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Gettin' skinny

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

3.19.2007

Gettin' skinny

Well, I'm still a long way from skinny, but I can now officially pull off my pants without unbuttoning them. I need to find a belt because I don't want to buy new pants yet. A few more pounds and I will fit into some other jeans that I already have.

So, I guess I will officially announce on my blog now that I am committed to losing some serious weight. I didn't want to announce until I made some progress and saw myself that I was going to stick to it. I am counting points the Weight Watchers way, but I'm doing it myself, without the meetings. I'm currently down 14 pounds after 4 weeks. Yesterday started week 5. My first goal is 45 pounds. This will put me back to where I was 2 years ago. Scary, but it's the truth. Something about dating, falling in love and getting married I think. And throw in there some depression about the whole school situation and family stuff. Life happens, but I want the weight gone! I'm tired of going to the closet and not being able to fit into my favorite clothes. Except the purple sweatshirt. Somehow that still always fits, and it's a Medium! I think Mervyn's mis-sized it oh so long ago (15 years).

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Karen! I am really proud of you. Hope you're having a good day!

3/20/2007 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Awesome!!!
There is a great Bible study that I got into about a year or so ago called First Place. You can get the study guides at most Christian book stores. It teaches you to see the weight loss as reconstructing the temple inside of you by putting Christ in first place in your life. It really changed the way that I viewed food and my relationship with Christ. Prior to getting pregnant I lost about 20 pounds in 6 months.
Just a thought ;-).
Gina

3/20/2007 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Karen is starting look really great. I cant wait to see the end result, but still and will always disapprove the use of the purple sweatshirt. It should make a nice shop rag one day.

3/21/2007 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Karen!! I am sure you will hit your goal in no time. Ben and I are in a plateau right now with our weight, but I needed a break after losing 60lbs before going onto the next 50 :P

And I still love the purple sweatshirt :)

3/21/2007 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Scott, you have to make purple sweatshirt disappear when you is not looking.

3/24/2007 04:20:00 AM  
Blogger jettybetty said...

Good for you!! I think the WW point plan is a wonderful way to loose some pounds!

3/25/2007 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Wat to go, Karen!

3/25/2007 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks guys. I enjoy the points because I like math and puzzles and counting points is sort of like figuring out a puzzle.

3/26/2007 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow Scott commented on your blog, it is a miracle!! Karen 14 lbs, that's awesome. I'm glad it is working for you. I have always liked the purple sweatshirt. Just hide it from Scott.

4/04/2007 08:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home