DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: My husband impresses me

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.09.2007

My husband impresses me

It is no secret to me that I have a talented husband. He has a very creative mind and is good at coming up with solutions to issues. Here are some examples:

1. He has a computer in his car, called a "carputer." For now it is a laptop in the trunk, but eventually he wants to install a permanent one with a small footprint. It is hooked up to a 7" touch screen on his dashboard. It functions as an mp3 player, shows the GPS maps and plays DVDs for me when we go on trips (among other things). Sometimes the things on the screen are too small, and a keyboard is necessary. He has a wireless one, but there is no way to turn it off, so it has been eating batteries. So last weekend he installed a microswitch on it. He opened it up, found the power line, and soldered it right in. I was impressed.

2. We bought a kennel for our puppy that will fit him when he is full grown, but now it is too big. It is important to make it smaller right now while we are potty training since dogs don't want to "go" where they have to lay. We tried making it smaller by stuffing towels in the back, but the puppy found out he likes comfy towels and pulls them down to lay on. Yesterday we found him all curled up in the back of the cage when we got home from church, and there were two pee spots on the towels. So Scott took the kennel and went downstairs, and I heard power tools going. He came back up about an hour later with an ingenious solution. He cut a wooden board to fit the contours of the cage, drilled two screws on each side that stick out through the "windows" and zip-tied them into place. It will be easily adjustable as the puppy grows. I was super impressed! Later Scott asked me again what I thought of his solution just so he could hear me be impressed again. Cute.

Maybe I can get a pic up later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Uh oh. He is making the rest of us husbands look bad. I will have to have a talk with him.

4/11/2007 02:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home