DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Wallace in Austin and his poop

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.25.2007

Wallace in Austin and his poop

I can't believe another month is already winding down. This is the time of the month when I create next month's excel budget sheet. Looks like the only thing to add for miscellaneous is the fee to transfer my truck title to my name (and change the name too).

We had a good weekend in Austin with the family. The kids just loved Wallace. On Saturday Emily called me to invite Wallace to the park. She wasn't calling to ask me to come, she was only interested in Wallace :-) And any other time I would see her, it was always, "Hi Wallace!" Not "Hi Karen." She was so cute. The kids are now all trying to talk their mom into getting a puppy, saying "If we train him?"

I think the whole trip was a little much for him at this early stage in his life though. We returned home only to witness bloody diarrhea. It gave us quite a scare. I have fallen in love with this dog so fast, and that ailment can be quite serious, especially in a puppy. We watched him closely and gave him lots of water. By the next evening his stool was normalizing again, so I decided not to go to the vet. He kept playing and acting like a puppy even during this experience, or I would have taken him in first thing Monday. All in all I really think it was stress. He met about 17 new people and was in 3 different homes. And everywhere he was the star of the show. Now he is fine. It's funny how much of a dogs health is defined by his poop, and how much I know about his pooping habits. Rebecca always laughs when I talk about Wallace's poop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

See...when you become a mommy you instinctively talk about your baby's poop.

4/26/2007 07:30:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I like how you used words other than poop when possible!

5/02/2007 05:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home