An unwelcome reminder
A few weeks ago, at about 8:30 in the evening, we heard the most awful noise that made us think a tree was falling into our apartment. Our hearts raced as our feet raced to the bedroom to assess the damage. Thankfully it wasn't a tree.
But it was our closet shelf.
I don't have a picture of the mess of clothes and holiday decorations on the floor, but here is my temporary closet that had to serve it's purpose for a whole week till the repairman could fix the shelf and I could buy boxes to store clothes that I don't wear right now. I even made a box for giveaway/garage sale. I also don't have pictures of the thinned out clothes or of the excellent storage and reorganization, but trust me, it looks good.

Mysteriously, the purple sweatshirt is not in this picture. But not to worry, I found it shortly afterward. It is still in safe hands.
As I was putting the clothes away/packing them into boxes, I found this...
EEEEEK! Thank goodness it is dead! For those that don't know, I had a run-in with brown recluse spiders (aka fiddlebacks) several years ago in Oklahoma. My apartment was infested. The complex tried (not very hard) for nine months to get rid of them before I finally demanded to be released from my lease. I was bitten at least twice, but I think it was actually three times. Luckily, I had no tissue loss.
My mom and sister came up to help me pack, and I got out of there. Most of my things went into storage for 13 months before I moved to Texas. This shirt was one of those things. The weird thing is, it's now almost 3 years since I moved, and I found this dead spider on this shirt. Granted I haven't worn it since removing it from storage, but it has made another move even since then, and it has been on a hanger for those three years. How likely is it that this dead spider is from the infested apartment? Or is it one I have acquired unknowingly since then? I really hope it's from Oklahoma. That's what I will choose to believe. I already lost enough sleep 4 and 5 years ago.
And yes, this shirt made it's way to the give away box.
But it was our closet shelf.
I don't have a picture of the mess of clothes and holiday decorations on the floor, but here is my temporary closet that had to serve it's purpose for a whole week till the repairman could fix the shelf and I could buy boxes to store clothes that I don't wear right now. I even made a box for giveaway/garage sale. I also don't have pictures of the thinned out clothes or of the excellent storage and reorganization, but trust me, it looks good.
Mysteriously, the purple sweatshirt is not in this picture. But not to worry, I found it shortly afterward. It is still in safe hands.
As I was putting the clothes away/packing them into boxes, I found this...
EEEEEK! Thank goodness it is dead! For those that don't know, I had a run-in with brown recluse spiders (aka fiddlebacks) several years ago in Oklahoma. My apartment was infested. The complex tried (not very hard) for nine months to get rid of them before I finally demanded to be released from my lease. I was bitten at least twice, but I think it was actually three times. Luckily, I had no tissue loss.My mom and sister came up to help me pack, and I got out of there. Most of my things went into storage for 13 months before I moved to Texas. This shirt was one of those things. The weird thing is, it's now almost 3 years since I moved, and I found this dead spider on this shirt. Granted I haven't worn it since removing it from storage, but it has made another move even since then, and it has been on a hanger for those three years. How likely is it that this dead spider is from the infested apartment? Or is it one I have acquired unknowingly since then? I really hope it's from Oklahoma. That's what I will choose to believe. I already lost enough sleep 4 and 5 years ago.
And yes, this shirt made it's way to the give away box.
Labels: spiders







1 Comments:
I'm glad to hear that the purple sweatshirt was recovered, that was a little scary! We will assume that the spider is from Oklahoma and I am glad that shirt made it to the give-away box. You and Scott have lots of clothes!
Post a Comment
<< Home