Catching up with the times
I recently started using Google Reader to make more efficient use of time spent reading blogs. I have nearly 70 RSS feed subscriptions; I didn't realize I read so many blogs. I'm sure you can relate to the times when you surf around only to find no one has updated. (I know. I don't update but about once a week anymore either. Sorry.) Now I can use my time more wisely.
The downside is that I miss seeing the happy faces and nice layouts of your blogs, and you cannot post a comment from the reader, and sometimes pictures posted do not show up in the feed. So, occassionally I still click a link to the actual blog.
The downside is that I miss seeing the happy faces and nice layouts of your blogs, and you cannot post a comment from the reader, and sometimes pictures posted do not show up in the feed. So, occassionally I still click a link to the actual blog.
Labels: blogging







3 Comments:
I use a RSS feed which does show me which blogs have new entries. It has a link "read more" which then takes me to the blog page and allows me to make a comment. It seems to show the photos as well.
I find myself reading a lot of blogs, but I don't think it is as many as 70.
Some of the ones I check don't post regularly, others post several times a week.
Karen,
You need to take the quiz I posted on my blog. It may be time for an intervention.
Ha ha Paul. I didn't read all 70 every day, but at least once a week. Anyway, I like using the reader a lot better. Your quiz says I'm about 50% addicted. Probably because I post less than you do :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home