Rejoice with me!
Today is the last day of the Core Course for me. I can't believe the end is really here! and that I really did make it! I feel EXTREME accomplishment that I can't fully explain in a succinct manner. Had you been here drudging through it with me, you would know what I mean. Today I was involved in a group presentation, and the rest of the week just requires that I listen to everyone else give theirs. Additionally, I'll be wrapping up things in my current lab rotation. And by the way, the worm injections are not as simple as I made them sound earlier. So far they aren't working.
So do I know more? About many things, yes. I now know about many additional experimental strategies that I might be able to implement to answer questions I find myself up against in the future. I also have a better understanding about what will be involved as I move towards writing my qualifying examination (still over a year away, thank goodness). Those seemed to be the main overall objectives of the course, so I guess it was a success. There's still a lot to learn though. After next week, we have Spring Break, and then I will begin two other 8-week courses: Immunology and Gene Transcription. In the meantime, I just can't wait until I have a lab to call home and can jump into the project that will lead me on. I'm currently working on securing my next rotation.
So do I know more? About many things, yes. I now know about many additional experimental strategies that I might be able to implement to answer questions I find myself up against in the future. I also have a better understanding about what will be involved as I move towards writing my qualifying examination (still over a year away, thank goodness). Those seemed to be the main overall objectives of the course, so I guess it was a success. There's still a lot to learn though. After next week, we have Spring Break, and then I will begin two other 8-week courses: Immunology and Gene Transcription. In the meantime, I just can't wait until I have a lab to call home and can jump into the project that will lead me on. I'm currently working on securing my next rotation.







2 Comments:
Congratulations Karen, I'm sure it is quite a relief to have that behind you. I don't know how you do all that schooling.
So I am still curious how you don't squish the worms when you work with them.
I wonder who that last person was?
Chris
Post a Comment
<< Home