DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: 3..2..1.. 8!..??

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.21.2005

3..2..1.. 8!..??

So, Thursday I talked to the other PI, and he is happy to have me. It will be on a trial basis at first, like all the others, but if all goes well (meaning I like it and he likes me - and if he doesn't change his mind) then I could call it home near the end of July. I found this out on Thursday, along with the fact that I don't start until Monday. So, I packed up stuff real fast and drove to Austin to visit the family for the extended weekend. Can't pass up those opportunities!

It was good timing for Becca, too, who needed to move some bookcases to her new school. And since I have a truck... Jonathan drove down and we got them out of storage on Friday and took them there. I took my nephew Nathaniel with us to the storage unit. He has had a fascination with wheels for quite a while now, especially wheels without hubcaps. He calls those "broken wheels." Jonathan had three truck tires in storage, and Nathaniel couldn't keep his hands off those. At one point I told him to be careful and that he could get his clothes really dirty (like he cared) because the wheels were really dirty. He piped back, "Well, Jonathan needs to give his wheels a bath." Well, it happens that Jonathan has a "broken wheel" on his car. It didn't take Nathaniel long to figure out that we should put one of these tires on the car. Of course we told him these wheels were too big. About 10 minutes later he says, "Karen, we should put these wheels on your truck." Only they were too small. Poor guy, he didn't understand.

Nathaniel also loves his new marble game on the computer. It always says, "Ready. Set. Go!" So, he was saying that a lot that day too. Later when we got back to Becca and Jonathan's house, Jonathan was messing with him and said, "3..2..1.," hoping he would say "lift off!" But all he ever got was "8!" We'll have to work on his counting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The little Nathaniel sounds like a cute kid.

5/23/2005 01:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen-
That sounds great!
I'm glad the weekend at home worked out as well.
Hope to see you this weekend!
Jeanie

5/23/2005 02:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home