Can't sleep
Here I am, up at 3 a.m. eating pudding and watching Home Improvement. It has been 9 hours since dinner, and even then I only had a peanut banana smoothie and an apple. Not much of a dinner if you ask me, but I wasn't hungry for a full meal. Since then I worked on an immunology test for 7.5 hours. And now I've been tossing and turning since 1:30. And all of a sudden my stomach starts growling. Perhaps no wonder I can't sleep. All that exertion of brain power. I just hate eating in the middle of the night. It can really mess up your circadian rhythm. Guess mine's already shot for the night anyway. I would rather watch HGTV, but it's just infomercials now. Babbling enough? I think so. But hey, I stayed home all day today and therefore did not get in the minimum talking requirement.
Also on my mind is this whole lab issue. I had two more interviews this week. One I like and one I don't. I liked the guy I talked to last Friday too, so it looks like I have two good choices so far. I wish I would not get so anxious about these decisions. I think I'm just afraid that I'll make the wrong one and end up in this situation again in another 5 weeks. I'll start tomorrow with a list of pros and cons for each and get some advice from our program assistant. I probably should make one more sweep through the research interests listings to see if anything else strikes me. I talked to the dean this week too, but she didn't have much more to say that was of help to me. I might also call an old collaborator friend who is always good for advice. He's been in science a long time and is a great one to talk to about anything.
If it was still 12 I would take a sleeping pill, but as it stands I have to be up in 3.5 hours in order to get to school in time to turn in my test and go to class. It's the last one of the semester, by the way. Yea! Could be the last one for three months, but I'm toying with the idea of a 5-week summer microscopy course. Chat later. I think I'll surf the web for a while till I get sleepy. And now Matlock is coming on.
Also on my mind is this whole lab issue. I had two more interviews this week. One I like and one I don't. I liked the guy I talked to last Friday too, so it looks like I have two good choices so far. I wish I would not get so anxious about these decisions. I think I'm just afraid that I'll make the wrong one and end up in this situation again in another 5 weeks. I'll start tomorrow with a list of pros and cons for each and get some advice from our program assistant. I probably should make one more sweep through the research interests listings to see if anything else strikes me. I talked to the dean this week too, but she didn't have much more to say that was of help to me. I might also call an old collaborator friend who is always good for advice. He's been in science a long time and is a great one to talk to about anything.
If it was still 12 I would take a sleeping pill, but as it stands I have to be up in 3.5 hours in order to get to school in time to turn in my test and go to class. It's the last one of the semester, by the way. Yea! Could be the last one for three months, but I'm toying with the idea of a 5-week summer microscopy course. Chat later. I think I'll surf the web for a while till I get sleepy. And now Matlock is coming on.







5 Comments:
Well no wonder you can't sleep, you have a ton on your mind! I'm glad that you have some choices about the lab situation. I hope you at least got a little sleep.
Becca
I was wondering why you were posting on my blog so late.
I must confess. I never worry about my circadian rhythmm and just eat whenever I feel like it.
Actually, I must further confess. I have no idea what a circadian rhythm is.
P.S. I vote that you skip the class and take 3 months off! Time for a break! Yea!
You should come to Austin for 3 months and be our nanny.
You don't know how tempting that offer is... especially after the day I've had. And lack of sleep has nothing to do with this.
You don't know how serious I am. :)
Free room and board but lousy pay.
Post a Comment
<< Home