Learning names
I'm trying to decide the best place to link to a specific post from my brother-in-law. It is pertinent to this story, so I guess I'll do it now. That means you should read it now...
Watching football with Emily
I won't deny that I have many people in my family. With 8 nieces and nephews, that means most of them are children. There are certainly families larger than ours, but we do push 18 people when we all get together for Christmas. And I can only imagine it will get bigger once Becca and Jonathan start having kids... they have a nest now :-)
Anyway, last night Scott and I were talking on the phone about our upcoming trip to meet his family. (We leave tomorrow - woohoo!) I also mentioned that the last of the verdicts was finally in regarding initial approval from my family. (Yay!) Then we got on the topic of Brandon talking about "Mrs. Hips" - you have to ask Becca for more information on that one. This led to him trying to name all of my nieces and nephews. And it was funny how he remembered each of them. Brandon - Mrs. Hips; Bryan - the shy one; the one who will need a stick to fight off the guys in a few years (Brittney - who can tell she's only 12?). Quentin - works at Papa Johns; the two girls - one didn't want to go to lunch with us, and the other decided it would be boring without her, so neither went (Kimmie and Marjorie); he couldn't remember Nathaniel's name, so he called him Cornelius, and Emily was remembered affectionately as "the all fall down girl." Chris was watching football while we were all together, and Emily got in on the action once again. She would proudly stand on the couch and exclaim, "They all fall down" with every single play. It was still cute. As for Scott's memory, I would say 3 out of 8 is good for the first visit.
Oh, and today's the day. I must say, "Happy Birthday, Scott!!"
Watching football with Emily
I won't deny that I have many people in my family. With 8 nieces and nephews, that means most of them are children. There are certainly families larger than ours, but we do push 18 people when we all get together for Christmas. And I can only imagine it will get bigger once Becca and Jonathan start having kids... they have a nest now :-)
Anyway, last night Scott and I were talking on the phone about our upcoming trip to meet his family. (We leave tomorrow - woohoo!) I also mentioned that the last of the verdicts was finally in regarding initial approval from my family. (Yay!) Then we got on the topic of Brandon talking about "Mrs. Hips" - you have to ask Becca for more information on that one. This led to him trying to name all of my nieces and nephews. And it was funny how he remembered each of them. Brandon - Mrs. Hips; Bryan - the shy one; the one who will need a stick to fight off the guys in a few years (Brittney - who can tell she's only 12?). Quentin - works at Papa Johns; the two girls - one didn't want to go to lunch with us, and the other decided it would be boring without her, so neither went (Kimmie and Marjorie); he couldn't remember Nathaniel's name, so he called him Cornelius, and Emily was remembered affectionately as "the all fall down girl." Chris was watching football while we were all together, and Emily got in on the action once again. She would proudly stand on the couch and exclaim, "They all fall down" with every single play. It was still cute. As for Scott's memory, I would say 3 out of 8 is good for the first visit.
Oh, and today's the day. I must say, "Happy Birthday, Scott!!"








4 Comments:
It seems like I have known you forever and I can barely get three out of eight on a good day. I would say he is doing great!
Sometimes I even forget a person or two, go Scott!
cornelius is a good nickname for nathaniel... :)
I got 5 out of 8!
Post a Comment
<< Home