50 cent movie night
Last night Scott and I decided to catch a movie at the theater since it was so cheap. We went to see Just Friends, and it really kept us laughing the whole time. On the way there we decided to keep it cheap and sneak in our snack rather than pay outrageous prices at the concession counter. (No stone throwing here - you've all done it.) But we didn't feel like eating normal snacks like candy or popcorn. We wanted Frosties!... from Wendy's!Luckily it was chilly so I had to wear my coat. We put the Frosties in a bag with our spoons, tucked them inside my coat and zipped me up. I only looked slightly big, and it would have been rude if anyone asked me about it because for all they knew, I could have been pregnant. He just made sure to open the door for me since my hands stayed in my pockets, stabilizing the hidden goods.
The theater was fairly packed with other viewers, and once we secured our seats, I got nervous about bringing out the Frosties in case someone told on us. And it never got very dark. But soon enough we were enjoying our tasty treat and our cheap movie.
What's the craziest thing you have snuck into a theater?







6 Comments:
I've snuck in Chinese food to the movies. It was very enjoyable.
I've done frosties. or maybe a milkshake.
My roommate in college would always take Taco Bueno. It smelled up the whole theater.
Well, I can remember sneaking these terrible peanut butter coated gummie bears into the theatre when I was about 5 to watch Bambi.
However, as a teenager at band camp I dared the fellow drum major to go refill a large bucket of popcorn (the large buckets could be refilled for free) that we had found on the floor from a previous showing. We simply dumped the old popcorn and ate what had been refilled. My husband comments that someone from the previous viewing may have spit in the bucket. Oh well we didn't get sick.
Jeanie
I've never snuck in anything so crazy, just the usual-cokes and candy. But wow frosties, that takes talent, you rebel you!
I used to never bring food into the movies...I think it's a combination of residual emabarrasment from going with my family as a kid, with big bags of popcorn, and the fact that I'm a devout rule follower.
But here in Brazil, I can bring whatever I want. Our tradition now is to bring in McDonalds. No need to hide it. It's wonderful, though the other day I spilled some mustard from my Quarter Pounder down the front of my shirt and pants and didn't notice because it was dark. Then I walked around the mall for an hour or so and I finally noticed. I felt like such a doof.
Post a Comment
<< Home