DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: The flip side

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

1.20.2006

The flip side

I always have trouble asking others for help. I don't know if it's more because I don't want to admit my weaknesses or because I don't want to bother them.

I had to ask for a huge favor yesterday, and I revealed also how hard it was for me to ask for it. This woman said, "Karen, stop thinking about it that way. Instead, think of it as an opportunity for others to show their kindness."

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

That is a hard thing for me too. What a great way to look at it.

1/20/2006 04:41:00 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Throughout my time in Japan and my illness I was forced to ask for lots and lots of help. It's definitely a humbling experience, but at some point I realized that people really *want* to help. It's still hard when I look back on it, but it teaches me how to receive grace.

1/20/2006 11:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, I just found your blog as I have been reading Chris' blog for some time. I felt inclined to reply to this post...as it is something that many of us deal with...asking for help. What we rarely realize is that people LOVE to assist others...there is a huge sense of satisfaction that one realizes by seeing someone elses "burden" lightened when they help out. I think you have realized a huge life's lesson!

Regards,

Mary Stevens
life after bankruptcy

1/21/2006 09:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home