Superbowl and the bachelor's kitchen
The game on the big screen.

Scott had several friends over to watch the game on his big screen in high definition. It was a lot of fun despite the fact that the Seahawks lost and the commercials were lame.

I made this cake for the guests. It was a true adventure considering it was done in a bachelor's kitchen.
1. I baked it in a 7x9 pyrex dish (which I had to go buy), and then trimmed it to the football shape. The football idea was an afterthought once I saw the hump of cake. Normally that gets trimmed off with sewing thread. He didn't have any of that either.
2. I mixed it with a wire wisk (there were no beaters to be found). This resulted in unremovable lumps that caused a few holes in the cake.
3. He didn't have flour or crisco to coat the pan. I resorted to a little bit of oil on a napkin to grease it. It did not stick badly, but the lack of flour caused it to take longer to remove it from the pan.
4. Also due to the lack of crisco, making the white icing didn't go so well. That's why it looks runny.
In his defense:
Had I remembered that he didn't have any of these things, I could have brought my beaters and some sewing thread and bought some crisco, flour, and white icing. It's just hard to cook in someone else's kitchen. We added some of these things to his next shopping list.

Scott had several friends over to watch the game on his big screen in high definition. It was a lot of fun despite the fact that the Seahawks lost and the commercials were lame.

I made this cake for the guests. It was a true adventure considering it was done in a bachelor's kitchen.
1. I baked it in a 7x9 pyrex dish (which I had to go buy), and then trimmed it to the football shape. The football idea was an afterthought once I saw the hump of cake. Normally that gets trimmed off with sewing thread. He didn't have any of that either.
2. I mixed it with a wire wisk (there were no beaters to be found). This resulted in unremovable lumps that caused a few holes in the cake.
3. He didn't have flour or crisco to coat the pan. I resorted to a little bit of oil on a napkin to grease it. It did not stick badly, but the lack of flour caused it to take longer to remove it from the pan.
4. Also due to the lack of crisco, making the white icing didn't go so well. That's why it looks runny.
In his defense:
Had I remembered that he didn't have any of these things, I could have brought my beaters and some sewing thread and bought some crisco, flour, and white icing. It's just hard to cook in someone else's kitchen. We added some of these things to his next shopping list.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home