Valentine's Day was 6 months!!!
February 6 was six months since Scott "winked" at me. February 14 was 6 months since we went on our first date. It just so happened to be Valentine's Day too.It was my first time to spend Valentine's Day with a romantic interest and just that in itself was neat. Then add to that the fact that it was with Scott, well, let's just say it was... a great day. But I'm also mindful of the fact that it was just another day and that love doesn't mean more just because the calendar appropriates a day for it. Nonetheless, I give you the report on Karen's Valentine's experience.
First of all, he was in town!!! Yay! He surprised me with a nice bouquet of flowers (roses, white carnations and lilies) and took me to lunch at Quizno's. Then he picked me up after work, we changed, I wore the Christmas jewelry he gave me, and we went back to our favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Yes, we had just been there a few weeks ago, but it was again to reminisce on our first date and hey, it was Shrimp Special Tuesday. Surprisingly we only had to wait 40 minutes for a table. And boy, the food was awesome!
He gave me a sweet card and an iPod radio remote. Well, he gave me the receipt to show he ordered it. What is it with boys and waiting till the last minute? He actually thought the Apple Store here would have one on hand even though we were there two weeks ago and a man told me they had been sold out for a long time and had no word as to when they would be restocked. But, he did good anyway. See pictures below.
He photoshopped the picture of the online ad and taped and folded like this with a message and the receipt underneath.
I'm excited about this gift. I finally bought a new iPod for myself with my tax return. I have always thought the only thing missing about the iPod is the ability to tune into the radio. Now, with this remote, it is possible. Another company had put out an adaptable tuner, but I like this one because it's integrated into the 5th generation iPod interface and it comes with a remote (though wired). I can't wait to try it out.For him: I had gone card shopping a few weeks ago. I found several cards I liked, but none of them were perfect. So I bought three cards, took them home and wrote down what they said, returned two of them, and worked the words into what I wanted to say. Then it was perfect. I have been known to give a person more than one card, but I liked this better.
About his gift, well I can't say much about him waiting till the last minute. Even though I found and ordered his exactly two weeks before the big day, it did not arrive in time. The guy even shipped it right away. I was pretty bummed. It finally arrived yesterday, so I will wrap it and give it to him tomorrow when he gets back from San Antonio. In the meantime, I wrote a riddle for him to think on while he's gone, as a clue to what the gift is. He's had many guesses, but they are all way off. Granted the riddle is not at all obvious. Don't laugh - I know it's cheesy:
Well, it's no secret that your gift is not here today.
That's too bad. Now it cannot come out and "play."
It shipped in time but it's been on the truck way too long.
Maybe it flew back to where it belongs.
And that my friends, is the report on our Valentine's Day.







3 Comments:
sounds like fun!
my guess is a bird?
Hmmm, Sarah, I would feel sorry for that bird stuck on a truck with two weeks. Without food, it would have arrived dead! Try again.
1. Young love is just too sweet.
2. You plagerized your Valentine's Day Card.....great idea. If I can remember that for a year, I'll have to try it next year.
3. Yes, your riddle is cheesy. I have a guess, but I am not going to possibly take away your fun. So, I will keep it to myself.
Post a Comment
<< Home