Did I speak too soon?
Well, I had to go home over lunch because Scott locked himself out of the apartment. Naturally I let Wallace out of his crate, but I did not take him outside right away. What was I thinking?
I took him in the bedroom to say hi to daddy. He jumped out of my arms and onto the bed. Right as I went to pick him up I noticed a familiar stance. The squat. Sure enough he peed on our bedspread (and of course it says dry clean only). I ran for the paper towels and soaked it up, sprayed the area with the odor neutralizer and then some febreeze. We'll see what it's like later. So I let Wallace down and I was helping Scott with something. Then Scott went in the living room, and I hear "I found a turd... and another turd." All I could do was giggle because I knew it was all my own fault for not taking Wallace outside in the first place. Plus, poops are much easier to clean up than pee spots.
Anyway, I've seen this quote online several times as I've been reading about puppies. I can't find the exact link at the moment, but here is the quote. Some people think it's good to hit dogs on the nose with a newspaper when they do something wrong. This quote tells you what you should really do with that newspaper:
I took him in the bedroom to say hi to daddy. He jumped out of my arms and onto the bed. Right as I went to pick him up I noticed a familiar stance. The squat. Sure enough he peed on our bedspread (and of course it says dry clean only). I ran for the paper towels and soaked it up, sprayed the area with the odor neutralizer and then some febreeze. We'll see what it's like later. So I let Wallace down and I was helping Scott with something. Then Scott went in the living room, and I hear "I found a turd... and another turd." All I could do was giggle because I knew it was all my own fault for not taking Wallace outside in the first place. Plus, poops are much easier to clean up than pee spots.
Anyway, I've seen this quote online several times as I've been reading about puppies. I can't find the exact link at the moment, but here is the quote. Some people think it's good to hit dogs on the nose with a newspaper when they do something wrong. This quote tells you what you should really do with that newspaper:
A rolled up newspaper can be an effective training tool when used properly. For instance, use the rolled-up newspaper if your dog chews up something innappropriate or has a housebreaking accident. Bring the dog over to the destroyed object (or mess), then take the rolled-up newspaper... and hit yourself over the head as you repeat the phrase,"I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG, I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG!"
Labels: Wallace







4 Comments:
LOL!
that is a HILARIOUS quote! Wallace really is a nice doggie, though, I'm glad we could meet him!
p.s. Sorry about the bedspread!
Did hitting yourself with the newspaper work?
Yes, it did. I have done a much better job of watching him since then. Although it did quite a number on my hair.
Post a Comment
<< Home