DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Photo overload

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.18.2007

Photo overload

We have shot over 800 pictures in 3 weeks. That is a lot to sort through. Of course this doesn't compare with Mary Ann who probably often shoots that many in a few hours :-)

Just think though, if they were all film pics it would cost at least $170 to develop them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann Melton said...

I understand photo overload. While I don't frequently shoot 800 in a few hours, I do shoot a lot. In Yellowstone, I had some days that were very interesting in terms of photographic subjects. A quick check over the last 12 days yielded these results:
Most photos in a given day: 736
Least number: 122
Average per day: 369
Total over the 12 days:4,433


We were in Yellowstone 20 days. There were a couple of days where either due to weather or lack of inspiration i did not take a lot of shots. We also took off a couple of days in the middle to rest.

I took a lot of shots (on 4 different days) of the coyote puppies that were near the road. Out of the hundreds I took, I will only use a few. I try to do an initial sort - getting the best images ranked the first time I view them in a slide show.

It will take me awhile once I start "working" these images to get all of the "best" ones ready for marketing.

By the way my blog is Mary Ann's View. using my name rather than my business title, Mary Ann's View.

I figure it will take a month before I get my best Yellowstone shots posted on my website: Mary Ann's View Nature Photography.

The Yellowstone Page is blank right now.

6/19/2007 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Link fixed. I was going off what I thought was a good memory :-) Have fun sorting!

6/19/2007 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home