DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Upset

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.04.2007

Upset

We've been having a really hard time lately trimming Wallace's nails ourselves. He has become very resistant, exhibited mostly in the form of biting. I blame it on his new teeth. That and we don't have the proper restraint system that the groomers have.

So I decided to take him and get them trimmed at a proper place. The place where we got him said they would not charge since we bought him there, so there we went this morning. I knew they had groomers, so I didn't think it would be a problem.

Unfortunately the pet store owner thought he could do better I guess and did them himself. Then he brings out our dog, and within about 10 ft from the door there fell at least four huge drops of blood.

"What happened?" I asked. "Is he okay?"
The owner replies, "No. I can't seem to get it to stop." And he disappears back into the grooming area.

I wanted to cry. I was so sorry I brought my puppy here.

He finally comes out a few minutes later, and it looks like the toes have stopped bleeding. Thankfully it was just two toes. At first it sounded like he clipped all four paws too short. I asked him why he cut them so short, to which he replied, "The quick was just so close on that paw. I barely cut off anything."

He clearly did not listen to my instructions upon giving Wallace to him. "Last week when we tried to trim his nails, we were only able to get one paw done. DON'T TRIM THAT PAW!!"

Now I am afraid to allow him outside to walk on the concrete (he won't just stay in the grass). Currently he is in his wire crate. I want to give his toes extra time to clot before he walks around on the carpet.

Next time we'll just pay the $8 at Petsmart!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Poor dog!

8/04/2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's horrible. Poor dog, I hate to think that he was in pain. And the guy didn't seem very concerned that he did this. Maybe he needs a new job.

8/04/2007 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I do not think I would go to that pet store again. He should have offered to take the dog to the vet.

8/05/2007 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, I was about ready to take him to the vet myself. Thankfully, the clots are holding and we haven't had any more trouble.

8/05/2007 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel O said...

Oh I would be so mad!!! I hate it when people do not LISTEN. I've heard horror stories about dogs getting cut or groomers not being gentle. UGH.

Our first time getting Sophie groomed was good, but she broke out with hives due to the shampoo. Next time I'll have to ask them to use something different.

8/06/2007 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home