DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

3.13.2005

Last night Becca and I went to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert. Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin were also performing. This experience brought back a few memories for me. Long, long ago when I was in the youth group at church, Rick Odell introduced me to contemporary Christian music. That's about all I have listened to since, and it is such a mainstay in my life - always a source of joy and encouragement. Steven Curtis Chapman's CD, The Great Adventure, was the first CD I ever bought, and I remember we were all sitting in the chapel at Pettijohn Springs Christian Camp singing along with the songs. I think that was ninth grade. Now, twelve years later, I'm at his concert finding myself wishing he would sing Got 2 B True. I also just have to say that as I was in the arena last night I remember thinking how neat it was to be in the midst of so many people who loved the same God. Many times the lights would shine across the crowd, and it was awesome to see the seats full. Yes, maybe we were all from many different congregations and denominations, but for the person visiting who wasn't a Christian or part of a church, there was no difference. There was one time when Chris Tomlin made a segueway from his song into the chorus of How Great Thou Art, and everyone was singing: Then sings my soul... It was beautiful.

The rest of our weekend together was also enjoyable. We went with Jonathan to see National Treasure Saturday afternoon at the dollar movie, and Sunday we had Joanna Castleberg, our friend from college, over for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home