DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Catch up

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.17.2005

Catch up

A lot happened in the time I wasn't able to blog. Here is a recap of the most important events:

April 5 - The Pope died. I'm not Catholic, but his death was somewhat sad to me anyway. Simply because he was a huge icon. I learned that he was elected in October 1978, just 10 months after I was born. So he was also the only Pope I knew of. Now, yes he's just an ordinary person when it comes down to it. Someone I know says it best: Courtney's thoughts.

blue-apple-logo-1
April 7 - The one year anniversary of the receipt of my iBook. It was a truly monumental day for me last year. I had just accepted the offer from graduate school, and then turned around and clicked "submit order" for the second most expensive purchase of my life so far, next to my truck. I remember how excited I was the day it arrived. I had it shipped to work for security purposes, but had to use extreme restraint since I was at work. I opened it up long enough to look at it and then back in the box it went. It goes without saying that I stayed up really late that night. I am a converted PC user and don't expect I will ever go back!

April 10 - I was able to go to Austin to witness the baptism of my niece Kimberley. It was really great to be there to share in the first day of the rest of her life. What's really cool is that I have now witnessed both of her births. Her physical birth 11 years ago and now her spiritual birth. The church records their services for online broadcasting so we were all able to download the video file for our archives. How wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home