Sunday blurb
Well, the time change got me. I've never missed it before, and I'm not sure what's different this time. I missed church service but made it for class. Then it got me again this evening. I was sitting around waiting for it to get dark, but it wasn't happening. I better check all the clocks right now.
Chevron had a sale on gas today. Yes, I typed that correctly. I've never seen anything like it, but there were banners that said "gas sale," they were selling hot dogs and cokes, etc. I wonder if this is going to be the new fad now that prices are so high? Around here they are averaging $2.09/gallon. The price today at this Chevron: $1.99. I saw the price before I saw the sale signs and didn't believe it. For a moment I actually thought things might be cooling off a bit. HA! Anyway, there were 2 other gas stations on that corner - they were completely empty. I already had a full tank. Bummer.
The bluebonnets are coming up everywhere. Just like I remember it as a kid - growing in the grass on the highway hills. It was great to see them. I think I heard them saying, "Welcome home, Karen."
Chevron had a sale on gas today. Yes, I typed that correctly. I've never seen anything like it, but there were banners that said "gas sale," they were selling hot dogs and cokes, etc. I wonder if this is going to be the new fad now that prices are so high? Around here they are averaging $2.09/gallon. The price today at this Chevron: $1.99. I saw the price before I saw the sale signs and didn't believe it. For a moment I actually thought things might be cooling off a bit. HA! Anyway, there were 2 other gas stations on that corner - they were completely empty. I already had a full tank. Bummer.
The bluebonnets are coming up everywhere. Just like I remember it as a kid - growing in the grass on the highway hills. It was great to see them. I think I heard them saying, "Welcome home, Karen."







5 Comments:
I was at work when the time changed. Yea, time advances forward and so I work one less hour than normal...except...the guy that was supposed to relieve me overslept...:(
In the fall when clocks go back, what are the chances that they will accidently come in an hour early...not much. Funny how that works.
Karen, I am taking the ladies to see the bluebonnets in Fredricksburg tomorrow. They are suppose to be beautiful there. I saw so many of them going to Amanda's wedding yesterday. The wedding was so nice. The cake was the prettiest one I have ever made.
she loved it.
Mom
Gosh, if that one was the prettiest you've ever made then it must have been amazing! I hope you got a picture. Enjoy your bluebonnet trip! I remember those days too...
I can consult you on this question. Together we can come to a right answer.
Post a Comment
<< Home