DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: What I learned today

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.06.2005

What I learned today

Texas does not charge sales tax on groceries, so it was a foreign concept to me when I moved to OK. Now that I'm back, I've had to get to used to it again, not that I'm complaining. So why do I bring this up? Because today I went to Walmart and used a $1 coupon off a gallon of milk. The coupon gave me back an extra eight cents. It refunded tax even though I wasn't charged tax on the milk. The coupon scanner doesn't distinguish between grocery and non-grocery items. I wonder how long it will take them to figure that one out? I'm surprised it has gotten by this long at all. Random thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So it was an OK coupon that you used in Texas or something?

I once had a coupon for butter or something and this grocery store had triple coupons or something and they gave me money for taking the butter!

I learned something the other day when I was doing my federal income tax. Sales tax is deductable, but the state sales tax in Texas is really only like 6.5% or something. The rest goes to the county or city.

5/07/2005 12:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home