DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Just an update

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.03.2005

Just an update

Well, not much new on the school front. Or shall I say range? You know, "Home, Home on the Range." I digress...

I met with one professor so far. Interesting stuff with receptors in the liver and intestine, but somewhat of the same old story, with an additional potential problem. He's not a new professor, and the older professors are often not as available. He's a pretty popular guy in his field and is gone very often giving seminars or serving on grant review committees, etc. He's somewhat unsure of the mentorship capabilities of the others in his lab. And somewhat unsure of his money situation. Again, I appreciate upfront honesty. I haven't ruled him out yet though because I really like what he studies.

That was on Wednesday last week that I met with him. Thursday and Friday were busy with other commitments, and I took the weekend and yesterday to relax and clear my mind. I think I've said before that this whole thing is overwhelming, and I'm discouraged. Gonna begin tackling the list of prospects again today. And then this afternoon there's a new group weight training class starting in our gym. I've always wanted to learn all about the weight machines and how to use them in a workout. Might as well make the best of my "free" time. Hopefully I won't be the only girl there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weights! That sounds fun, but a little scary. That's cool that you got some time with such a wanted person. Its great that you had some free time. Sometimes we just have to grant ourselves some of that so that we can make it through the rest of life.

Becca

5/04/2005 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Instead of trying to find ones that are available, there should be a list of them that you can select from...strange business.

5/05/2005 01:38:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It starts out like that in the beginning of the year, but as the year goes on the labs get full, and they don't update the list until next fall.

5/05/2005 08:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home