DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Take a guess

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.29.2005

Take a guess

While everyone is waiting so impatiently for part 2 of my behind my blog story, you might as well take a guess as to where my title comes from. This should be fun... I'll have to think of a reward for the person with the closest answer, or the wierdest. Ha ha ha ha ha, bet you can't guess. There that's a challenge.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know! But I will let some others try to guess first...

Ruth Ann

6/29/2005 06:36:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

My guess is that it has to do with fluid dynamics. I mean like when the dam breaks, you are trying to point out that the vallys fill up first, and not the mountains, like you might expect at first.

6/29/2005 07:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it have something to do with a song?

Boy Chris and Ruth Ann are up early!

Becca

6/29/2005 07:26:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, they are and it's funny that the blogs are the first thing we are all looking at!

6/29/2005 07:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly where it comes from because I always told you, you should write a book...I love the blog and reading your work!
Andrea Lemonds

6/29/2005 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Valleys fill first, so it's a good idea to not build your house there. Is this a comment on people building houses that collapse in mudslides? Very cheeky.

6/29/2005 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Karen several things came to mind. My first thought was the Dan Fogelburg song "Along The Road " But it is not about a valley except if it is inferred that in life there are lows and highs and it is truly in the valleys that we grow, therefore we do get filled.

My next thought was of a Poem I sent you long ago "It Is In The ValleysThat I Grow"
I had to at least offer my guess.
Mom

6/29/2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

VALLEYS FILL FIRST
in case i never get the book written.........
have not a clue other then you intend to write a book by the same name.

6/29/2005 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming it has a spiritual meaning? Something to do with when you need God the most (valleys) is when you're most willing to let him fill you and take over your life???

6/29/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just saw that there was a *reward* so I thought I'd try a little harder.
Valleys fill first and this means that you should live on the mountain. Unless, of course, you like water and then you could live in the valley. But if you like water, just not all the time, you could live on the mountain and vacation in the valley at a nice resort.
There. And yes. I do spend my whole day blogging. It's a sad state of affairs.

6/29/2005 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Actually I was not up early. I spent the whole night blogging and I was about ready to go to bed.

There is a reward!?!? Ok I will try again, too.

Ok I know you are a big Trekkie, so it has something to do with Star Trek right? Probably a reference to that episode where Kirk and Spock were trapped in that paradise vally, but then the evil spores started shooting those poison darts at them, and thier communicators were not working because the Enterprise has accidently slipped into a different dimension and...I forgot the rest.

6/30/2005 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I thought "Valleys" was a possessive word first which really confused me. (And here I am a third grade teacher). Then after that, I thought it was a metaphor that was hinting that those who are and the lowest point receive blessing first.

6/30/2005 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Its not a reference to the movie "Heidi" is it?

6/30/2005 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruth Ann said:

Or maybe "Sound of Music"? Oh, wait, those were mountaintops...guess not...

7/02/2005 07:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home