DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: First visitors from OK

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.26.2005

First visitors from OK

DSCN0145.JPG
Meet Robin, Chelsey and Ben. They borrowed my floor Saturday night to be able to attend Ben's grappling tournament in the Dallas area. And he won third place among all grapplers of his age in Texas and Oklahoma. Congrats, Ben!

They were among the first families with whom I developed a relationship after moving to Oklahoma. Eight years ago Robin called the OC dorm in need of a babysitter. Somehow I was around when the call came in and I got the job! Ben was 2 and Chelsey 5 when I first started babysitting. I watched these guys grow up, and three houses and many weekend dates later, we all became great friends. And Ken and I even worked together at OMRF for three years (not in the same lab). They also often shared Easter lunch with me and picnics while watching Shakespeare in the Park. Ken is not pictured because he is at a worm meeting in LA. The visit was short this weekend, but it was special nonetheless. Thanks for stopping by guys.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, I can't believe it has been eight years since you started babysitting for them. That is too cool that you got to see them.
By the way, what is grappling?

Ginger

6/26/2005 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Ginger! I thought someone might ask that. I'll add a link. Now update your blog! :-)

6/26/2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is a good idea to call the local Christian college dorm to find a baby sitter. I wonder if there is one of those around us?

6/27/2005 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home