DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Go away!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.25.2005

Go away!

I found a really nice park last weekend. It's really close to my apartment, but I had not discovered it before. I have always loved to swing, and now I found a place to do just that. I went last Sunday night about 8:30, figuring the kids would all be heading home and getting to bed. Wrong! The swings did not clear till 9:45. I was so antsy, but walked on the trails in the meantime. There is a beautiful pond with fountains, and as it got dark, they lit up - a great atmosphere. I've been impressed with many parks in Irving so far. Most all of them have beautiful landscaping and fountains.

I woke up rather early this Saturday morning. So I decided to hit the swings. I listen to my music (sometimes I sing out loud) and it relaxes me just like when I was growing up and always swinging in our front yard. I arrived this morning at 7:30. All swings were empty, and it was great. I did so for about an hour and a half. Many people were out walking or running or walking their dogs. One man walked by with a goofy grin. I ignored him. He ended up interrupting my relaxation later and cutting my time short. He decided to walk up and swing with me. Not nice, I thought. I thought about being really rude and leaving my earphones in and ignoring him, but he was rather persistent. I could tell he was hitting on me, but I dodged many questions he had. And he kept trying to get in sync with my swinging - totally annoying. Then I decided it was time to leave. I said goodbye and he indirectly asked me to dinner. Again, I ignored the question. He is from the Phillipines and has an accent that is hard to understand anyway. I started walking off and he followed me to my truck. Go away, dude! Take a hint! He said he would see me later. I think not. Just walking up and hitting on me is not the way to win me over. Inviting me for coffee in a comfortable atmosphere - well maybe...

It's not fair that this person can keep me from enjoying my swinging time. Now I especially have to be careful not to go there at night, which means I can now only go on weekends. If he sees my truck, he may come. He said he does not live far away. All I wanted to do was enjoy some special time with me and God. Not fair! This really irks me. I should have been clever enough to just interrupt him and lie and say that I was married.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
try visiting one of our H.I.M. worker's blogs for some funny leave-me-alone,-I'm-single talk.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/allisoningermany/

Be careful at night for sure, but I wouldn't recommend lying :)

6/25/2005 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, I know. That wouldn't be right either.

6/25/2005 03:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wasn't puttin' ya' down! You're the woman, in my mind, when it comes to doing the right thing :)

6/25/2005 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Besides that, some men are real half wits about hitting on women. If you tell them you are married, they think maybe you're unhappy and they have an in. I find the only response that really works is, "No thank you. I am not available." And it's the truth.

6/25/2005 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The real trick is to get old and fat, and then no one ever hits on you. Being male helps too. No one ever hits on old overwieght males.

Karen have you thought of dressing more modestly? You probably were wearing those short shorts.

6/25/2005 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home