DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Probably it will be the big week

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.11.2005

Probably it will be the big week

The boss returns Wednesday. I hope to have my decision for him this week. I'm just really nervous. Big decisions always do that to me - even though I have the added bonus of knowing he has already said yes for me to stay. And as much as I have wanted to be settled, here I am nervous about settling. It will be nice to finally be able to unpack the last packed box in my closet. It's the one from my lab desk in OK. (Hopefully there aren't any spiders in there.) And then I can finally start calling this place home. No more limbo!? No way! I'm so excited. I've got to figure out a good way to celebrate.

14 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I am so happy for you Karen! You might fumigate your box before you open it just to make sure. For your celebration I think that you should hook up your webcam and do a little dance for us!

7/11/2005 08:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the best for you--you deserve it, Sis.

7/11/2005 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I second the vote for the dance. Can you do the one with the 7 viels?

7/11/2005 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It is nice to get settled. I would open the box outside so any critter squaters can scurry on their merry way.
My boss is also returning on Wed. Mackenzie should be home that night. :)

7/11/2005 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Chris, what in the world is the dance with seven veils? I guess if I don't know it I have a lot of practicing to do.

7/11/2005 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You should ditch the 7 veils and try River Dance!!! Pleeeease do River Dance!!!

7/11/2005 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is some kind of belly dance...he has been trying to get me to do it for the last 20 years, but to no a-veil...

7/11/2005 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

yeah! karen i'm so happy for you. What a great feeling to know things are coming together in such a way! i'm very excited and will be praying for peace in your life as you finalize some of these BIG choices. feels good doesnt it?

7/11/2005 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Here is a good link on the "Dance of the Seven Veils":


http://www.zehara.co.uk/bdfactssevenveils.htm


I am sure it has to be at least as entertaining as "Riverdance".

7/11/2005 07:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen-
I am so excited for you. From your previous posts, this sounds like a GREAT opportunity!
Good luck! Get some sleep. Don't be too nervous.
(Like I should be talking! heehee!)
Hope you have a great week. Erik is in Cuba so I'm home alone and taking call every sixth night. Oh,well.
Congratulations! Best Wishes! (I'm a little sleep deprived sorry if this doesn't make sense.)
Jeanie

7/11/2005 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, Robyn it feels great! Thanks for sharing it with me.

Chris, I still have to look at the link.

Jeanie! Thanks for stopping by. We need to talk again. I was thinking about you yesterday. Thanks for being excited with me.

For everyone else, this is Dr. Jeanie. She and I were in college together and she just graduated from med school. I am so happy for and proud of her!

7/11/2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

In Cuba? Can we go to Cuba these days?

7/11/2005 11:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you can go to Cuba on this special religous visa that my husband got.
It also allows you to bring back so many Cuban cigars, but no other suveniors. Go figure.
Jeanie

7/12/2005 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cool. Thanks.

7/13/2005 05:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home