DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Fry my hide! Slap mah fro!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.07.2005

Fry my hide! Slap mah fro!

Today a friend sent me a link to a website that will translate any website into a few different dialects. I put mine through the test and, well... you should see for yourself. It's best if you attempt to read it out loud. And it even translates the comments! Have fun! When you click on the links below, you'll have to click a button to start the translation. It will translate this post first. Just skip it.

These are some highlights from mah new fangled site.

Redneck:
My name is now Henrietta, Mary Ann is Mary Jane Ann, Chris is Jed, and Jen Oaks is Daisy Oaks.

The Korean's now say "Whut in tarnation?"

Telling Robyn there are blessings in God's Word, followed by "cuss it all t' tarnation."
Jive: except I would not say that one word on there
Ph.D. - Ph. Lop some boogie D.

professor - super honcho

Amy - dat fine femahnaine ladee

It's drillin' t'see God wo'kin' in yo' life, ain't it?
Try your favorite site.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You know what I think is drillin'? My Craftsman Elite Power Drill!! Who rocks the toilet paper hangin' house?

7/07/2005 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

oh my goodness. this was so funny. I loved reading all the crazy stuff. my favorite is the swedish cheff (bork,bork,bork!)

7/07/2005 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I had trouble reading the Swedish one. Glad you liked it though. Love your new pic! Batman needs to teach me how to add gif files. I've tried it before unsuccessfully.

7/08/2005 05:16:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I like that it called my great grandfather my great Gran Pappy. It sounds less formal.

7/08/2005 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Was there a high english one? I want my blog to sound more formal.

7/08/2005 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I didn't notice one, but I've got a friend in England who could translate for you.

7/08/2005 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lol, Ginger! I suppose it just confirms a hickish upbringing in good ole Texas. Mom sent me a link to a website that evaluates dialectual tendecies. I'm 81% Dixie. Try it out!

7/09/2005 09:55:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I guess I need to go back to college and take a ton of speech courses-I was 90% Dixie! I must move to the East for those speech courses though!

7/09/2005 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home