May I share the joy?
Indulge me for just a minute. This is probably one of those posts that could be annoying having the tendency to be a second by second playback, but oh well. I'm at work, so I need to type fast. I'll cut 5 minutes off my lunch break. No, it's going to be a LONG day anyway.
I'm planning out an experiment right now. In between the times of concentration I have to get up from my chair and take something out of the freezer to thaw, pipet isotope or put bottles into the water bath to warm up. As soon as I pop up from this seated position, I find that I am bursting into song! Somewhat under my breath, but joyfully nonetheless! Today I'm singing The Joy of the Lord. I asked myself why that song? Oh yeah, because it was the last thing I heard on the radio before turning off the truck on my way to catch the train this morning. And probably because I am happy, but duh! Hmm...that brings up the point that what we listen to stays with us whether we intend for it to do so or not.
Back to the play by play... there is a gentle rain falling outside my window. Back to work!
I'm planning out an experiment right now. In between the times of concentration I have to get up from my chair and take something out of the freezer to thaw, pipet isotope or put bottles into the water bath to warm up. As soon as I pop up from this seated position, I find that I am bursting into song! Somewhat under my breath, but joyfully nonetheless! Today I'm singing The Joy of the Lord. I asked myself why that song? Oh yeah, because it was the last thing I heard on the radio before turning off the truck on my way to catch the train this morning. And probably because I am happy, but duh! Hmm...that brings up the point that what we listen to stays with us whether we intend for it to do so or not.
Back to the play by play... there is a gentle rain falling outside my window. Back to work!







2 Comments:
Thank you very much, Karen!! Now that song is in my head and I needed to hear it!
Rain? You have rain!?! No wonder you are happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home