DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: What I've been up to

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.20.2005

What I've been up to

desktop
Not really anything worth blogging about. I've been settling more into the lab and doing several big experiments this week. Today during a 15 minute break, I made a new desktop for my computer. I miss the spring and summer storms of Oklahoma. I grew to be fond of the tornadoes. Monday I worked on the program decision and talked with some professors. Tomorrow will be more of a lax day, and that will be nice. No official experiment, but I will be looking over what data I've gotten so far this week.

A friend of mine is having her birthday soon and her husband called to ask me to buy balloons so we can fill her office as a surprise. That scheme will take place tomorrow afternoon after she goes home. Then I'm off to a Ranger's game. The graduate school bought a whole block of tickets, so many of us are going. Free for us, but we're in the nosebleed section of the highest balcony. It's the atmosphere and hanging out with buddies that counts. I'm looking forward to it. Did you know that I used to want to be the first woman professional baseball player? I often thought that would be cool.

Other than that, I'm still trying to get back into a healthy sleep pattern. Progress is inconsistent. I opted to take advantage of my cell phone warranty and got a new phone today. Mine cuts out after 15 minutes of talk time - EVERY time. I really think it's the plane traffic, but they said we could try another one. Busy at church tonight so I've not had the chance to try it out yet. I hope it works. The alternative is so annoying! Funny though, I never lose all my bars, and if I hang up, I can call them right back. My mom was worried I had a bad battery and it would eventually blow up on me. Way to think of the worst scenario, Mom!

I did hear from a wonderful friend today. She was out of the country when I had news to share about my lab decision. She's been rooting for me the whole time, and it was great to share it with her and receive her positive feedback. She was my professor at OC and is the one who started me down the path of research 8 years ago. I owe a lot to this woman; I feel forever indebted to her. It's great that we are still so close. She promised me a big hug next time I visit.

Well, enough babbling. I was trying to make an excuse for posting this picture of the tornado. Hope y'all are having a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Nothing to say in the form of a comment. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Glad to hear that all is well with you. I miss tornadoes too. Thanks for the picture. Doh. That was a comment.

7/20/2005 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yes, I do not really have a comment here either.

Just wanted to say that it is cool going to a Rangers game. I always think of "The Rookie" when I think of The Park in Arlington, or whatever they are calling it these days. Hope you have a great time.

I do not think you should give up on your dream to be a pro baseball player, but you will have to practice more than you do now.

So anyway, if I think of a comment I will post it.

7/21/2005 02:04:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You guys are silly. Yes, Chris, practice would be in order. All I get now is the fall softball intramural league. And it's now called Ameriquest Field. I think that's a dumb name. The Ballpark at Arlington was much better. If I remember to take my camera, I'll post a pic from where my nose will be bleeding. You might be able to see the tiny people.

7/21/2005 08:14:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann Melton said...

You'll see a few tornadoes in the Dallas area too. While I would like to see one (from a safe place) and I have seen a few . . . . .tornadoes are probably my worst fear - comes from growing up in the Panhandle. Every year some little town near Amarillo was hit. I don't miss baseball size hail.

Great tornado shots - are they yours?

7/21/2005 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home