DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: New music

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.31.2005

New music

Occasionally we have music groups that we just love and can go out and buy their CDs without listening to the demos first, knowing they will be exceptional. I had been waiting for these two for a couple of months, and they came out within a week of each other. So I sort of splurged. You know, just a little bit of money from the last month when I didn't have to pay rent. I can't remember the last time I actually bought a CD. Anymore I just buy single songs from iTunes.

Casting Crowns is a group that sort of came out of nowhere. Their style is a lot like that of Mercy Me. Their most famous song is perhaps Who Am I, a beautiful song of humility in the eyes of God. Lifesong is their second album.

Chris Rice is another one of my favorite Christian artists. I've talked about him before, and you will remember that I got my blog address from one of his songs. I enjoy his honest lyrics and jovial sound. He has several albums now.

I haven't actually listened to these CDs yet. The phone rang last night as it seems to do all the time now :-) I'll load them on my iPod and jam today while I work in the lab.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So how do you like them? Sometimes when I have a new album it takes a few listens before it settles in.

8/31/2005 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The Casting Crowns one is good, but not as good as the first. Chris Rice's new album - well I could have done without buying it. There's only two songs that I'm glad I have. It also seems that he must have fallen in love finally because that is what most of the songs are about, but they aren't all that good. I should listen to the demo next time.

9/01/2005 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, before too many people read my previous comment, I wanted to revise my statement to say that after listening to the Chris Rice CD more than once, there are now a few songs that I really like. Normally I sit and listen to a new CD all the way through with words in hand. I had not had a chance to do this until yesterday. Knowing the words better always makes for a more full song experience. And it brings the enjoyment of the actual music to a new level. And there is one that sends me smiling because there is octave action!

9/02/2005 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, and someone said the Chris Rice CD has a DVD on it too. I'll have to check on that.

9/02/2005 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home