DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Are these not cool?

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.09.2005

Are these not cool?

If it wasn't for the chalk sitting there...

pic06497

pic11944

pic18350

pic63047

I would have walked around these two myself.

pic27456

I can't post a source for these. I received them in an email.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Those are unbelievable!! He needs a little suitcase out there to get tips!

8/10/2005 06:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love those. :) His name is Julian Beever - you can see more at his website

It must take a lot of work to plan them out... this is how one looks from the other side, but here it is from the right angle.

8/10/2005 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks, Susan. I get nervous posting things without appropriate source attribution.

8/10/2005 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That is sooo cool. I couldn't believe they weren't 3D when I saw them. Wow.
Way to know your artists, Susan.

8/10/2005 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome. Just awesome.

8/10/2005 09:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much we rely on our eyes?! These flat works of art screw with our perspective just by using shading (and/or reflections/glare)on a cloudy day (to remove any other directional cues) and make us avoid monster bottles of Coke or major sidewalk defects! Thanks for sharing this with us Karen!

8/11/2005 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, Mardee, our eyes are so important. How else could we enjoy the pleasure of the discovery in these images? Not to mention the beauty of God's creation all around us. That is why you're studying so hard to learn how to take care of our eyes!

8/11/2005 02:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home