DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: New brakes!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.16.2005

New brakes!

Karen's brakes 003
This is what I did Saturday. I'm blessed with great friends who OFFER to change my brakes for me. And the best part is that I got to watch and learn. Maybe next time I can do most of the work with limited supervision. We even turned the rotors, after which they were nice and shiny. Don't worry, Dad, I won't polish them. In turn, I used my truck to help them pick up fencing for their yard. We had a great day together! I'm still working to get the grease worn off certain parts of my fingernails. That posed a slight problem for me because I had a date the next day! Thus the reason I have been sort of slack in updating...

Karen's brakes 001

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool picture of you as a grease monkey. I know that was fun for you, reminds me of you and dad at home. You will have to get some GoJo for those fingernails. I guess you could have worn those purple gloves on your date.

8/17/2005 07:15:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I did use GoJo, but it doesn't work well on fingernails. Someone suggested I paint them bright red, but since I never do that, it would have made me even more uncomfortable than having grease markings.

8/17/2005 07:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try using an old toothbrush and some degreaser, like Dawn or something, and scrub...get the fingernail nice and soapy, and a toothpick works well for under the fingernail...glad you had fun...

8/17/2005 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good call, Ruth Ann. Degreaser works the best, a good thick one like Dawn is tops.
I know some guys who really liked seeing a little grease under the nails. It tells them you're no shrinking violet, damsel in distress type.

8/17/2005 01:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lava soap. It works like a charm. I used it when I did oil painting at a studio.

8/17/2005 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dawn!?!? Lava Soap? How about something that works good and is friendly to the environment like Shaklee Basic-H!

Also, could you fix my breaks this weekend while you are in town?

8/18/2005 01:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, that is Basic-I for degreasing...yes, Karen, scratch Dawn and go for this stuff...it Rocks!

8/18/2005 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

greasy girl! heheheeh
when I was working i would wash my hands before and after every appointment up to the elbows like a surgon, now I do good to wash them before cooking dinner and there have been times recently that I'm embarrased about how dingy they look.
but auto grease is a prize, a trophy, something to be proud of.
how are those brakes working now?

8/18/2005 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hopefully they are working well because she is driving all over the state of Texas with them at the moment.

8/19/2005 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

all over the state of texas! is she able to stop at all?!

8/19/2005 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

We have been unable to ask her. Everytime we see her she just drives right by for some reason. Very strange.

8/20/2005 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Am I the only one who wants to ask the obvious question?!
What's up with the "date"? Is our Karen dating? Huh? Well? Are you?

8/20/2005 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, Amy. Yes I am! And being home this weekend, now the whole family knows. I'm surprised no one else has asked.

8/21/2005 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Do I get a prize? I should totally get a prize.

8/21/2005 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ask her about "sweetie".

8/21/2005 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home