DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Go Jonathan!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.22.2005

Go Jonathan!

I guess I've been absent from the blog world for a while. I've been a little preoccupied with a new interest, and then I went to visit the family. The occasion was Jonathan's graduation from TSTC with a degree in aviation mechanics. And by the way, he was at the TOP of his class. Even the professors would sometimes come to him when there was a question. And he got all A's on his finals. Yay, Jonathan! Unfortunately, with the airline industry economic situation as it is, there are no mechanic jobs. Many mechanics have been laid off and took all of the available jobs. Jonathan will start another degree in diesel mechanics in January. If I may quote my sister from her blog post, Jonathan will be "way overqualified for any job he gets."

DSCN0230My mom had a great idea for a cake. It actually suggests Jonathan is a paramedic, but it gets the idea across. I added the skid marks and built the plane out of Legos from my Lego Airport.

DSCN0231Here it is with the runway lit up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That is a cool cake!

8/22/2005 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is possibly the scariest cake in the history of cakes.

8/23/2005 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

wow! that is the coolest cake,,,talk about creative!
I'm impressed

8/24/2005 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

ALso, congratulations to johnathan

8/24/2005 12:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home