DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Wheels!... finally.

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

11.03.2005

Wheels!... finally.

There are two things Scott has been talking about since I met him. Grandma's Enchiladas and new wheels. Scott drives a sportscar - the Mazda RX-8. He's been driving in the Maxda RX family since high school, and he really likes these cars. He's even in the Gulf Coast RX-8 club. Hilarious. When he first told me, I remember thinking, "Oh no, I hope he's not some car nut." But he's not. Of course, a little bit of knowledge about these cars has rubbed off on me, and I've even been to one of his car meets. It was called the Rotary Barbeque! And now I have a t-shirt that says "Wanna see my rotors?"

The most special thing about these cars is that they have rotary engines. They are not the typical piston engine and therefore provide a smoother ride and more power. One drawback however is the engine's life is typically only 1/4 of a piston engine. But, I digress.

When we spoke the first time, he had just ordered new wheels for his car. And my mouth dropped when he told me how much they cost! Not in my life could I ever think about spending that much money on my car. But, he's single with a good job and he's a boy! The latter part I cannot stress enough.

The wheels were on back order for more than three months. I cannot count the times I heard him say to me on the phone, "The wheels haven't shipped yet." or "Still no wheels." He was out of town last week when they came in, and he was going crazy. I have to give it to him though. He was very patient on Saturday and helped me with my recycling before we went to pick them up.

There were four huge boxes in his office at the his store. I have never seen the man so excited! He tore into them and they were all out before I knew it. I have to admit, they are very nice wheels, but I'm sure that comment does not do them justice. Here is a picture we took. Kind of cheesy, but oh well. I really like this picture of him. Notice all the shoes in the background!


We took them to his apartment, and he asks, "Do you mind if I put one on just to see how it looks?" So I ran to Target, and he had fun in the garage. Of course, he had to end up putting two on so we could take this picture. And then he had to drive around the complex to try it out. But then we couldn't take the car on our date :-(


The rear ones are wider than the front ones, so he has to get the insides machined in order for them to fit in the wheel well properly. That's the project for this next week since he will finally be in town.

4 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

flashy

11/04/2005 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have a shirt that says what!?!

11/05/2005 06:31:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ha ha, Chris. Rotors mean rotary engine!

11/06/2005 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thats what they want you to think Karen...

11/13/2005 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home