DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Amarillo bound

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

10.21.2005

Amarillo bound

My friend Ginger moved to California a few years ago to become house parents with her husband at a children's home. That was so far away and many of her friends could not visit her there. They recently transferred to a home in Amarillo. Several of our girlfriends from college decided to plan a road trip from Oklahoma to visit her. They sent me an email to see if I wanted to meet them there. I jumped online and found a plane ticket for less than $100 round trip! "Sign me up!" I said.

I fly out this afternoon to relive good times and to create great new memories. I am very excited about this trip. I am also excited about the fact that this makes two plane trips in two weeks! I love airports and airplanes. Of course, so far nothing beats seeing an actual plane land 50 yards away as I'm looking out the window of my own airplane last weekend while on the tar mac waiting for take off. I even saw the tire smoke. It was SO cool! I was like a kid - just ask Scott! Oh and when we flew in from the south and turned around to land from the north I could see ALL 8 runways at DFW from the sky... Okay, I'll stop. Perhaps this would have been better as an audio post. Anyway, I just wanted to say I'll be gone this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann Melton said...

You are heading toward my hometown. When you see the painted quarter horses - think about us - Henry's sister has painted 8 of them and her granddaughter has helped her with two of them.

You'll love the cool crisp mornings.

Enjoy your weekend up in the Panhandle!

10/21/2005 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ohh! Travelin girl!

10/21/2005 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger EandJTrygg said...

Hey Karen. Have fun in Amarillo. That's the absolute flattest place I've ever been. Don't fall in the gorge. Oops. Jeanie says it's a canyon, not a gorge. Don't fall in the canyon. We have a blog now. It's still under construction. Had to make a blog in order to post to a blog. Go figure. It took us a long time to get everything working right. We may still need Juanita, Jeanie says. I don't even know anybody named Juanita. Now I have to type in some dumb letters to prove I'm not a computer or something. We'll see you in two weeks, Jeanie says. I don't know why. -- Erik

P.S. -- Jeanie says you're coming to homecoming and that's why.

10/21/2005 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home