Happy Anniversary to me
No, it's not what you think. At 2:39 this morning it was one year since I started this blog. It was that night that I found Matt Gambill's blog and became intrigued by this online phenomenon. Since I had moved to Dallas only 4 months prior, being able to keep in touch with my friends was what really attracted me to the idea. So I stayed up late into the night to title and launch this website. Blogger made it easy!
In all honesty, because I didn't know many people in the area yet, I think I was lonely at the time I started it, and I was excited to share my thoughts with others. At the same time I had always wished I would have kept a journal. Though I would include more personal things in a written journal, this blogging method has proved a success for me in that light. It's been a year, and I still keep up with it - at least on a semi-regular basis anyway. I have also found many others with blogs, and rekindling some old friendships in a new way has been incredibly fun!
So what's happened in a year? Just some highlights:
I've learned some html - never thought that would happen.
I survived the Core Course!
I learned some great songs: Refreshed and Beautiful One.
Gas prices topped $2 a gallon (I didn't commemorate $3): I knew it was coming.
I made green worms (ironic that I only recorded the worst lab experience).
My neice Kimberley was baptized: Catch Up.
I experienced valleys and mountains.
I met my first blogger friend.
My toilet paper was stolen.
And of course, I met Scott.
In all honesty, because I didn't know many people in the area yet, I think I was lonely at the time I started it, and I was excited to share my thoughts with others. At the same time I had always wished I would have kept a journal. Though I would include more personal things in a written journal, this blogging method has proved a success for me in that light. It's been a year, and I still keep up with it - at least on a semi-regular basis anyway. I have also found many others with blogs, and rekindling some old friendships in a new way has been incredibly fun!
So what's happened in a year? Just some highlights:
I've learned some html - never thought that would happen.
I survived the Core Course!
I learned some great songs: Refreshed and Beautiful One.
Gas prices topped $2 a gallon (I didn't commemorate $3): I knew it was coming.
I made green worms (ironic that I only recorded the worst lab experience).
My neice Kimberley was baptized: Catch Up.
I experienced valleys and mountains.
I met my first blogger friend.
My toilet paper was stolen.
And of course, I met Scott.







8 Comments:
I would never do that blogging thing myself.
Already a year, huh? I guess that means I've been commenting here almost a year... :)
HAPPY BLOGDAY!!!! I'm honored to be your introduction to blogging!!! :-)
Everyone is congratulating you and I congratulate you as well, but why on earth did your TP get stolen.
Suzy, did you read the TP post? That should answer your question. Because I left it in the back of my truck. But more so because someone must have been really desperate.
I can't believe I missed the TP post. I don't remember reading it. I will have to go back through and find it.
Try leaving TP in the back of your truck again and see if anyone takes it! That was you could blog about it again for all of the people that missed it the first time.
Suzy, you can add this to your list of blonde moments. There is a link to the TP post right where I mentioned it in this post. Chris was just being nice and didn't want to point that out, but I'm your friend so I can!
Post a Comment
<< Home