DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Easter (late)

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.27.2006

Easter (late)

Some of my family came into town that weekend. My mom showed up Thursday night, and we went shopping on Friday for wedding stuff. I also took her by David's Bridal to try on my dress so she could see it. Then we picked out the garter and ring bearer pillow.

We all stayed at Scott's apartment for the entire weekend because his place is bigger. We took the dress (bagged) with us and hung it in his closet. It sort of tormented him since he could not see it. We told him we put a lock on the zipper, and he believed us.

Ruth Ann and all her kids came to Dallas for LTC, so they visited us in Plano on Friday night. I made grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone. Talk about a lot of bread and cheese! Then Becca, Jonathan and Bryan joined us later that night.

Scott bought an Xbox 360, so everyone had a blast taking turns playing that. Ruth Ann brought everyone back again on Saturday, and it was a full house. Becca and I did a little sister shopping that evening and picked out some clothes for my honeymoon.

Scott has been wanting me to watch a scary movie with him for a long time now. I told him I would only do it when Becca and Jonathan were here. He picked out The Exorcism of Emily Rose. BAD IDEA! I am still up at night because of that movie. Everyone left the next day, and as I would have been by myself, I spent the night with some school friends for 3 days in a row. The movie was very well done, and I was pleased with how they portrayed the reality of evil spirits. But, it was a little much for me. I do not do well with scary movies. Sorry, Scott, I don't think I can handle another one for a while. I even have to turn the alarm clock around so I don't see the time in case I wake up at 3 a.m.

That Sunday I was blessed and encouraged by a special Easter church service. And I had the opportunity to play my trumpet in a building with fabulous acoustics. The resonance was just awesome! I played at Easter services for a church in Oklahoma, and this was my first one since I moved. They've already booked me for next year, so I guess I have found a niche.

Brandon stayed Saturday night (to play more Xbox) and watch the movie with us. Becca and Jonathan stuffed 75 Easter eggs for him and Bryan and hid them around Scott's apartment. I found one the other day that they missed. Bryan was so anxious to hunt the eggs. They were waiting till I got back, so when I walked in the door I heard this unexpected excitement, "Yeah, Karen's home!" Little did I know he was just excited because that meant he could hunt eggs.

We had a great weekend. Oh, and Scott got me these tulips for Easter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Now I know Scott is awesome - he got an XBOX 360. Good for him.

4/28/2006 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

XBox360 for Scott, tulips for you. Cool.

4/30/2006 02:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home