Not my truck!
Can you see the dent?

I remained amazingly calm. We had been eating at Pappasito's with some friends last night. This is what I saw when I walked out to the truck to leave. Thankfully there was a note and phone number on my dashboard, and the man was very cooperative when I talked to him. He simply didn't see it when he backed out of an overly crowded parking lot. His insurance should take care of everything. Unfortunately, now I have to start with estimates.
UPDATE:
The collision center is ordering a new door from Toyota. It will have to be painted, and they will also be able to remove the small dent below the door. I don't know how much it will cost. State Farm is covering it, and everything was so easy. I got to choose where I wanted to take it, the rental car company picked me up and got me set up with a car, and everything will be direct-billed. Kudos to State Farm! It should be ready by Friday.

I remained amazingly calm. We had been eating at Pappasito's with some friends last night. This is what I saw when I walked out to the truck to leave. Thankfully there was a note and phone number on my dashboard, and the man was very cooperative when I talked to him. He simply didn't see it when he backed out of an overly crowded parking lot. His insurance should take care of everything. Unfortunately, now I have to start with estimates.
UPDATE:
The collision center is ordering a new door from Toyota. It will have to be painted, and they will also be able to remove the small dent below the door. I don't know how much it will cost. State Farm is covering it, and everything was so easy. I got to choose where I wanted to take it, the rental car company picked me up and got me set up with a car, and everything will be direct-billed. Kudos to State Farm! It should be ready by Friday.







2 Comments:
At least he left his name and number. The same thing happened to me in the church parking lot and they didn't do the same. Luckily, my insurance paid for most of it and didn't up my insurance because of it - but I was without my car for 3 weeks.
Doh!
Post a Comment
<< Home