DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Catch up: flashback to El Paso

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

9.29.2006

Catch up: flashback to El Paso

We visited Scott's parents in El Paso over Labor Day weekend. Scott took me to a local favorite diner. They serve HUGE burritos. It was about 18" long but cost less than $4. We really could have shared one because we ended up taking more than half of it home. But it was a fun experience. I wanted to buy a plate because I've never seen one that big.


BIG burrito


It rained every day while we were there. The remnant storms of Hurrican John traveled east and slammed El Paso with a ton of water. Here's a picture of what happens when it comes down the mountains. A few weeks before it was enough to knock down a Blockbuster video store. I would have liked to see all those movies floating around.


El Paso flood


Scott's dad recently bought a Jeep Wrangler so we had fun trudging through the waters.


El Paso flood


I finally met most all of the extended family on both his mom and dad's side. We had parties with music, Mexican food and dancing. It was good to get to know them, and fun to try to communicate with those whose English is not very good.




Here we are with Grandma Coco - the one who makes excellent enchiladas.


Us with Grandma Coco


family party

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Jonathan saw the burrito and said, "That's a big burrito, where's that from, I could eat it!"

9/30/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I want one, too!

10/15/2006 04:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home