Congratulations Scott!
Wow. It's already Wednesday. I am really not keeping up with my blog.On Saturday I went with Scott to the Quad State RX-8 BBQ in Arlington. This is where Mazda rotary owners from 4 states gather to show off their cars. This includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation RX-7s and the Rx-8s. So you toodle around for awhile checking out engine bays and wheels and any cool modifications that have been done to the cars. Then you eat BBQ and win door prizes. Then you toodle around the cars again and vote for your favorites, i.e. best RX-8, best RX-7, best engine bay, best of show, etc. Then you go back for more door prizes while they tally the scores, and then the awards are given. This year Scott won a trophy for Best RX-8. Everyone likes his wheels, body kit and carputer. The guy that won best of show also has an RX-8 that is sponsored, so he has about $27,000 worth of modifications, though he hasn't paid for any of it. He thought he should have won best of show and best RX-8. You should have seen the look on his face! I'm happy for Scott. This recognition ought to boost his ego a bit, and make up for the fact that there hasn't been much money to spend on the car since the marriage. I did get him some cool puddle lamps for his birthday that go on the side view mirrors. He installed those this weekend.







3 Comments:
That is really cool for Scott! Congratulations!! You are such a supportive wife to help him with his hobby. I really think that his carputer is awesome too. Plus carputer is just fun to say.
Congrats, Scott! We missed seeing you this weekend, but sure enjoyed having Karen here...thanks for letting her visit!
I still think my Mustang is faster...
Post a Comment
<< Home